# Features not supported in OI for Windows
- component DB Image Capture
- component Shell script
- component HTTP script
- all viewer components: www, pdf, video, vnc/rdesktop. New Generic Run component should be used instead.
- AB serial communication driver (DF1)
- config screen - all system dependent configurations
# Starting OI
OI should be started by oi_start.bat which launches oi with -recent -fullscr -nocursor options.
# Copy protection & Unlocking
OI Windows is licensed to specific hardware. To unlock OI Windows for your hardware contact AIG.
If OI cannot be started because it is locked then error dialog window displays the message
Error: Bad HW MAC
# RFIDeas RFID reader
# Install USB to serial driver
OI Windows 7 Embedded Standard systems may need additional USB drivers installed.
- Install usbser.sys driver into system since it is missing by default in Windows embedded installation
- from menu Start run cmd terminal
- unzip usbser_sys.zip
- run install.bat from cmd terminal
- let system reboot
- Install RFIDeas USB to serial driver
RFIDeas support download page: [[https://www.rfideas.com/support/downloads]]
Important note: When using RFID reader with OI touch screen, always plug it into the same USB port. The reader will get a different COM port assigned by Windows for different USB ports it is plugged into requiring the RFID settings in OI to be updated to the new COM port in OI config screen -> User management -> RFID configure.
# Viewer Components
- www viewer
- pdf viewer
- video viewer
- vnc/rdesktop viewer
Viewer components are not supported in OI for Windows. Generic Run component can be used instead.
# Virtual Keyboard
Windows virtual keyboard can be used, as described on HowToGeek (opens new window).
# Touch pad
Standard windows 7 touchpad drivers can cause issues with push buttons: Window's driver simulates mouse click at the moment touch pad is released (once you take your finger off the touch screen). At first the mouse press event is generated and immediately after that the mouse release event is generated. Push button in OI need some time to be pressed (lets say 100ms) so the write tag is reliably set to its push value. This can be fixed by following options:
- Set holdTime to 100ms for each push button in OI app
- In Windows control panel - Pen and Touch settings - Touch tab -> disable press and hold settings
- Install eGalax Touch driver (opens new window) instead of default Windows driver. This driver is the same we use in Linux and behaves consistently with OI Embedded programs.
# Database Storage
Database files are located in c:/oiroot/tmp/db/sqlite.
# OI Windows 1.11 Changelog
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Jun 12 2019
- same version as in OI firmware 2020-04-30
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Dec 30 2019
- same version as in OI firmware 2019-12-30
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Nov 29 2019
- same version as in OI firmware 2019-11-29
- Qt library updated to 5.12.6
- 64 bit build
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Apr 29 2019
- same version as in OI firmware 2019-04-29
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Aug 12 2018
- bugfix: application screen accepts mouse events when alarm overlay window is displayed
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Aug 10 2018
- Alarm system bugfixes
- OI win 1.11 Release Build Aug 06 2018
- The first 1.11 release
- Internal OI alarm system
# OI Windows 1.10 Changelog
- OI win 1.10 Release Build Jul 10 2018
- Now the database files are located in c:/oiroot/tmp/db/sqlite directory (previously it was c:/oiroot/tmp/sqlite).
- bugfix: Component File Read: indexGroupToRead now works
- Component Generic Run: supports new property hasRaiseOIButton
- ssl/https support for components DB Image Capture, Camera Viewer
- OI win 1.10 Release Build May 22 2018
- bugfix: screen saver close by mouse click / touch now works
- OI win 1.10 Release Build May 15 2018
- MAC unlocking & protection
- SQLite databases tested and should work
- RFID user management works
- New component Generic Run , supposed to be used instead of viewer components: web browser, pdf, video, vnc
- OI win 1.10 Release Build Apr 30 2018
- This is the first Windows version of OI
- features missing or not yet tested in this release:
- MAC unlocking & copy protection
- SQLite databases
- RFID user management
- viewer components - web browser, pdf, video, vnc